If you’re looking around your home and thinking, “This room needs something,” there’s one piece of furniture you’re probably overlooking: a bench. Benches can be versatile accent pieces, or you can build the room to show yours off.
Don’t have a bench? Stop by Rattan Wicker and Cane in Venice, FL to find the perfect piece for your décor. Here’s a closer look at how to use your bench:
- Bedroom: Put a bench at the foot of your bed for a tailored look. It’s functional, too—benches are handy for sitting down to put on shoes, holding your purse or draping clothes while you’re getting ready. (If you have pets who are allowed to be on the bed, it’s also an attractive way to help them make the jump.) You might be surprised at how it can pull the whole room together.
- Guest room: If you have a guest room, a bench can function the same way it would in the master bedroom. You can also set it off to the side for extra seating, or to function as a luggage rack—your guests won’t have to crouch on the floor to get things out of their suitcases.
- Dining room: Benches are great for low-profile seating, especially if you have a tight space. They fit under the dining room table easily, so you can use them on one or both sides of the table. Add chairs on one side or the opposite ends for an asymmetrical yet coordinated look. When buying your bench, make sure it can fit between the legs of the table, so it can be pushed in when not in use.
- Front entryway: Use a bench in your front entryway or mudroom to pull the space together. You can hang art, coat hooks or a mirror over it to anchor the space vertically. It makes an excellent place to pull off your shoes—store them underneath to get them out of the way. Use it to set your purse or briefcase down when you get home, or give your guests their own space.
- Living room: When you’re having a party, there never seems to be enough space. Use benches to fill niches and provide additional seating—place it against the wall and add throw pillows. Since they move easily, you can pull them out when guests arrive.
- Storage: Finally, add benches around your home for storage. Many benches are multifunctional and serve as storage spaces—you can stash your blankets, throws and more to keep them handy yet hidden.
Benches are a great way to add visual appeal and functionality to any room in your home. The benches at Rattan Wicker & Cane come fully upholstered, in rattan or other natural fibers, such as abaca weaving. Plus, they’re lightweight, which makes them easy to move around when you want to change the room’s look.
Rattan Wicker & Cane is a local interior furniture store in Venice, FL. Stop by today to browse our selection!
Categorised in: Wicker Furniture
This post was written by admin