“Crossing The Finish Line”: Six Ideas to Add That Finishing TouchNovember 12, 2020 9:54 pm Leave your thoughts
Redesigning a room in your home? After you buy new furniture and rugs, you may still feel that something is missing. This is where the details come in to play…..room accents! Accents may include table top accessories or a display of grouped accessories that give your home a personal touch, a fresh look, and allow you to express yourself.
Even with a strong sense of style, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed by the many accessories offered at so many home design stores. It can be difficult to choose just the right accents for you. Here are six tips to help you get started, and to begin to set the tone of your room.
1. Use books as decoration: If you love to read, and have some attractive hard covers, put them on display. Set these colorful bindings and antique classics in varying heights on a shelf, for easy reading access as well as a design feature. Stack and display books on your coffee table, with an interesting piece (magnifying glass, paperweight) set on top. Select books strictly for their size and color, or put out your favorite reads. Both are sure to make a statement about your style.
2. Find antiques: Mixing detailed classics and sleek moderns is a harmonious blend. This can lend a room personality that reflects both your love for older treasures, and appreciation of the modern. For instance just as Mid-Century modern and coastal classic can pair well together, so a prized antique lamp can add warmth to a sleek console table. Old tools, horse brass, or a beautiful hand painted piece of china, add fresh contrast in a room that may be filled with the clean lines of modern furniture , and a flat screen T.V.
3. Create a focal point: Find something that you love and highlight it by giving it center stage in your room. Then enjoy decorating your room around it. This may include a large piece of art, live edge wood coffee table, or a Grandfather’s clock. If you have smaller accent items that flow together, group them in a prominent place, and make them a small focal point of your room.
4. Add seasonal items: Consider sprinkling in seasonal items with your day to day look. In winter, rugs, throws, and textured pillows work together to build a cozy feeling. Mild weather wicker accents work well along side some of your regional favorites. Rotate accents as the season change so you always have a fresh look. You will enjoy each unique time of year, whether you register the coming season by a change of weather, a special holiday, or your seasonal accents.
5. Be yourself: Let your accessories reflect the things that you enjoy. Whether you enjoy antiques, cats, travel, cottages, or family heirlooms, make your favorites be part of your decorative theme. Start by deciding what you want your home to feel like, and then choose items that help invoke that feeling. For instance, if you are adventuresome and have a wall of travel photos, consider adding a globe, tribal mask, or beautifully framed map, to accompany this area. You are sure to ignite a flame for adventure.
6. Add color: If your room palette is neutral, add colorful accents for visual appeal. Red candle, shiny lacquered balls, bowls full of multi-colored potpourri, are sure to add new dimension to your room, and warm even the most neutral color scheme.
Rattan Wicker and Cane is ready to help you bring your accent ides to life. Visit our Venice, Florida showroom to furnish any room in your home or lanai, or to find that extra something to bring it all full circle. Enjoy “Crossing the finish line.”!
Categorised in: Interior Design Service
This post was written by admin