Summer is the time of year during which people most commonly take on DIY projects around their home. This is because DIY often involves painting, staining and sanding, all of which require a lot of extra ventilation. When performed during the summer, you can simply open up the windows and let the air flow!
If you’ve been looking for a way to refresh the design of your living room, the team at our furniture store in Venice Gardens, FL has you covered with a few ideas. Take a look and see if any of these speak to your tastes:
- Natural fiber: If you want to create a more seasonal vibe in your home, you can try bringing in some natural fibers and textures. These could include rougher rugs, wicker baskets, banana leaves and other such items that can give the feeling of sitting outside at the beach or on a patio.
- Simpler color palettes: Sometimes simple color palettes can go a long way. Try choosing just two colors at most, with one as a main base and the other as a primary accent. When these colors are light and when they’re implemented well, they can add an airy, breezy sort of feel to the home. You’ll still need to add some textures to keep your rooms interesting and appealing, but those lighter and simpler palettes can really help to open up the space and tie it all together.
- Use white fabrics: Speaking of simplifying your color palette and creating an airier feel in the living space, consider incorporating white fabrics as a way to take this idea even further. White adds a lot of crispness and air into any room, and it helps to further accentuate other colors and textures you use throughout the space. The best thing about white is that it’s completely timeless and never goes out of style. If you don’t want to spend time painting all of your rooms, even something as simple as introducing white fabrics can make a big difference. This includes using white curtains, or adding white slipcovers.
- Bring in greenery: Indoor plants can help add some relaxation and comfort to a space, and they’re particularly trendy right now. They improve the quality of your air, and can be especially beneficial in summertime when you want to get a more seasonal look for your indoor spaces. Make sure any plant you bring into your home is suitable for the lighting conditions where it will be placed.
- Embrace “rustic:” Consider adding in some more rustic elements like leather, whitewashed panels, wood furniture and floating natural wood shelves in a way that complements your contemporary designs. This can help to soften your designs and create a more natural, comfortable sort of environment.
For more tips about how you can update your living room designs and embrace a summery feeling in your home, contact Rattan Wicker & Cane or pay a visit to our furniture showroom in Venice Gardens, FL today. We look forward to helping you make the perfect selection for your space.
Categorised in: Wicker Furniture
This post was written by admin